Join me with this step-by-step on how to design a quote post from scratch/blank page for the theme International Women's Day.
1. Open Canva: Log in to your Canva account or create a new one if you don't have one already.
2. Choose a template: Click on the 'Create a design' button and search for the 'Instagram Post' template. Choose the template that you like. I'm using instagram post, square (1080 x 1080 px)
3. Select a background: Click on the 'Background' option on the left sidebar and choose a background color or image that fits the theme of International Women's Day. I used white background for mine and added watercolour splash effect from the elements selection.
4. Add a quote: Click on the 'Text' option on the left sidebar and select a font that you like. Type in the quote that you want to feature in the post. You add in quotes that you like or ask chatGPT for famous quotes and select from there. I am using this quote from Coco Chanel "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." I also added this year's theme which is, “DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality,”
5. Next, customize the quote: Use the editing tools to change the font size, color, and alignment to make the quote stand out.
6. Add a graphic: Click on the 'Elements' option on the left sidebar and search for a graphic or icon that complements the quote. Drag and drop it onto the post. I added peonies as it's my favourite flowers (tips for searching peony elements : type in peonies, peony leaves, line drawing peonies)
This year's theme is, “DigitALL: Innovation and technology for gender equality,” which highlights the role of innovative technology in promoting gender equality and meeting the health and developmental needs of women and girls.
So, for the graphic elements, I searched for keyword "technology" and selected the image that suit into my quote design. And I also searched keyword "strong woman" and selected the graphic that I like to be in the design.
7. Then, customize the graphic: Use the editing tools to adjust the size, color, and placement of the graphic.
8. Lastly, download and share: Click on the 'Download' button at the top of the screen to save the post to your computer. You can then share it on your social media channels to celebrate International Women's Day!
That's it! With these simple steps, you can design a beautiful quote post to honor women on International Women's Day.
Here's my take with Canva to design a Happy International Women's Day!
Woman’s Day is an amazing opportunity to remind ourselves that fighting for our ladies is a very important thing to do. Support every woman around you and respect everything they do, because they deserve it.
Every life begins with a woman. We tend to forget about that. On this day, let’s thank every woman in our life and show them some love. Happy Women's Day!