Tuesday 12 February 2013

Happy ChineSe New Year!

To my dearest ArtsyOcean-ers,

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Xin Nian Kuai Le! 
{wishing you more prosperity in the coming year! happy new year!}

Wish that the Chinese New Year of the Snake brings 
peace, happiness, good health & fortune to you & your loved ones.

I have no internet connection few days ago and hence, my late wishes. Hope you all had fun playing, laughing, catching up with friends/family/relatives and not forgetting the joy of receiving 'ang pao' (red packets) for the singles.

I didn't manage to make any CNY cards but I did a small mini CNY card (a request by sis) and I bought tons of papers and craft supplies again. (will share with you all in another blog post). Ohh no, I'm about to become a Scrapping Hoarder. :) 

Below is my CNY blossoms card on red base cardstock, metallic copper background, and a patterned paper. I embossed the tree branches with copper embossing powder, I drew the black thingy in the blossom flowers and I embossed the 'Gong Xi Fa Cai'.


 Close-up

So, 2013 is thought to be a lucky year by many (because the snake resembles the dragon, and the dragon is the luckiest zodiac animal of all). *wink*  Let's hope 2013 be good and let us welcome 'cai shen dao' (the God of Wealth).

I hope that I can make and share more of my creations here in artsyocean and also contribute something to the cardmaking/scrapbooking industry.

Till then, Happy CNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment