Friday 13 January 2023

How to Use Canva Pro's Background Remover

Are you like me where I used to download the app 'background remover' in my phone to remove unwanted background and manually edit my photo, beautify it and edit it before posting to my social media. And way before the existence of such app, I actually manually crop and trace to remove my image background in Adobe photoshop and edit everything in it. It took quite some time for me as I don't have photoshop experience (I learn it manually when doing some design - mostly on wedding and invitation cards). But now, with Canva Pro's background remover , everything become so so sooo much easier. I can just upload my image and click remove background and use the image to put in my design such as birthday invitation, wedding invitation, IG post and anything that you want to. 

So, what is Canva Pro's Background Remover?

 

Canva Pro's Background Remover is a feature that allows you to remove the background of an image, leaving only the subject of the image visible. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use the Background Remover in Canva Pro:

1. Open Canva Pro and log in to your account (you can try a free trial of canva pro and play around with it)

2. Click on the "Create a design" button to start a new project.

3. In the editor, click on the "Uploads" button on the left sidebar and upload the image that you want to remove the background from.

4. Once the image is uploaded, click on it to select it.

5. In the top right corner of the editor, click on the "Effects" button, then select "Remove background"

6. The Background Remover tool will automatically detect the edges of the subject in the image and create a rough mask of the subject. You can use the brush tool to refine the mask and adjust the edges of the subject.

7. Once you are satisfied with the mask, click on the "Apply" button to remove the background.

8. You can then use the image without background in your design, or use the transparent background feature to add background color or another image.

Note that the background remover feature may not work perfectly in all images, especially those with complex backgrounds or subjects with similar colors to the background. In that case, you may need to manually edit the mask.

Here is how I did mine... 

here's my AI created masculine ducky image 


and click remove background in the Canva Pro and tadaa... a clean ducky image. I saved it as png file with transparent background, so that I will be able to use it in my other design. 
If you are like me, where you like to mix and match images and create another new design in order to be different or not duplicating the original design that got you inspired, this tool will be very handy for you. Try it out now with Canva Pro! You will not regret. 


No comments:

Post a Comment